American Cutting Edge is proud to be named as one of the ‘2014 Top 25 Best Places to Work’ in Dayton.
To apply, click on this contact us link and select ‘Job Inquiry’ as the Reason for Contact. Complete the contact form, attach your resume and click Submit.
At American Cutting Edge, our Mission is to Relentlessly Serve our Customers. If you share this Mission, we would like you to consider joining our family!
We are a local family-owned and nationally known manufacturer and distributor of machine knives and industrial cutting edges. We sell B2B to a variety of industries including recycling, converting/packaging, pelletizing and food processing. Our 50 years in business has given us the expertise to help us realize our Vision of becoming our customers’ most trusted partner through speed, innovation and reliability.
To accomplish our Mission and Vision, we are looking to add to our Sales Team. Our product is sold through an Inside Sales model, where team members become specialists within their product line and/or industry.
- Building and maintaining B2B relationships. Providing excellent service to new and current customers.
- Prospecting for new customers. We’ll give you the leads. You’ll be expected to contact businesses, overcome objections and convert those leads to sales.
- Effectively communicating our products and services to our customers.
- Negotiating and closing sales.
- Maintaining a positive, professional and goal driven attitude.
- This is an Inside Sales position. This position requires telephone sales work, both outbound and inbound.
- Degree or at least 1 year of B2B sales experience, or equivalent business/work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook. Knowledge of SAGE software systems is a plus.
- Experience selling to or through industrial distributors and end users preferred.
- Developed ability/strategy to overcome customer resistance and objections to buying.
- Limited travel (less than 10%) may be required.
Sales compensation is based upon a base pay plus bonus opportunity schedule. Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, 401k with company match, partial gym membership reimbursement and more!
American Cutting Edge is looking for help in our factory. If you have a proven mechanical aptitude and/or machine operator experience you may be considered for advancement into a machine operation/precision grinder training program. Qualified candidates must have:
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background checks
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear criminal background
- Good work history/attendance record
- Self-Starter…take initiative and work with little supervision
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven mechanical aptitude and experience within a manufacturing environment.
American Cutting Edge is a manufacturer and distributor of industrial cutting tools. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering an excellent benefits package for full-time employees that includes paid vacation, health and life insurance, 401k and more.
NOTE: 2nd shift positions offer a 5% shift premium
Supplier Quality Engineer
At American Cutting Edge, our Mission is to Relentlessly Serve our Customers. If you share this mission, consider joining our team!
We are a local, family-owned and nationally known manufacturer and distributor of machined knives and industrial cutting edges. We sell B2B to a variety of industries including recycling, converting/packaging, pelletizing, and food processing. Our over 50 years in business has given us the expertise to help us realize our Vision of becoming our Customer’s most trusted partner through speed, innovation and reliability.
Our business is growing! We are looking to expand our Quality program with this new role. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to create, implement and sustain a robust supplier quality program.
- Leads the overall Supplier Quality Assurance functions for all American Cutting Edge locations, including incoming inspection, issue containment and supplier corrective actions. Works directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall quality.
- Drives issue resolution with suppliers, engineering and manufacturing.
- Oversees supplier certification program. Ensure supplier report card process is in place. Generates appropriate performance metrics and drive resolution of issues.
- Develops and drives department projects such as reducing the need for incoming inspections.
- Analyzes and interpret blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Confers with Sales and Engineering Departments to define client requirements and expectations.
- Identifies critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- Creates, documents and implements inspection criteria or procedures.
- Oversees inspectors and workers engaged in inspection activities throughout production cycles.
- Directs the tracking of material and product defects or other regularly reported quality control data.
- Maintains data management system. Designs inspection protocols and collection logs. Conducts analysis of logs to generate improvement projects and provide departmental feedback.
- Monitors, analyzes, summarizes and reports performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads the overall Supplier Quality Assurance functions for all ACE locations including incoming inspection, issue containment and supplier corrective actions. Works directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall quality.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Statistics or a degree that has prepared a candidate for the Quality Engineer position, or equivalent business/work experience.
- 5 years experience in the quality function within a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of APQP programs and processes.
- Self-starter with the initiative to use his/her critical thinking abilities to push solutions through implementation.
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Leadership skills that have been tested through project and team management.
- Requires some travel for vendor visits.
Employees describe the benefits of working for us to include great co-workers, the ability to keep a healthy work/life balance, and interesting jobs that allow employees the empowerment to solve challenges and learn new skills.
Our full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, 401k options including a company match, paid vacation and profit sharing opportunities.