Materials & Coatings
Here is a list of the most common razor blade materials we offer. If you don’t see what you need, NO PROBLEM! We can customize other materials and coatings specifically for you. Choosing a razor blade material can be a complex decision.
We encourage you to call one of our Blade Specialists to help with your material selection today…
- 1.2% High Carbon Steel: Premium grade of carbon steel for maximum sharpness & hardness.
- 1.1% High Carbon Steel: Premium grade of carbon steel for maximum sharpness &hardness.
- 1095 High Carbon Steel: Standard grade of carbon steel used on many common razor blades.
- 1075 Low Carbon Steel: Low grade of carbon steel or ‘blue tempered spring steel’.
Ask about our proprietary alloy that provides added strength & lifetime with maximum sharpness.
- 440 C Stainless Steel: Premium grade of steel for maximum sharpness & corrosion resistance.
- 440 A Stainless Steel: Premium grade of steel for maximum sharpness & corrosion resistance.
- 420 Stainless Steel: Standard grade of steel combining sharpness, corrosion resistance & cost.
- 301 Stainless Steel: Austenitic stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance and strength.
HIGH SPEED STEEL:
M2 / M42 / Powered Metals: These materials offer maximum toughness and strength in high impact applications when blades break before they wear out.
The strength & durability of a High Speed Steel cutting edge combined with the low cost and ductility of a carbon steel base material.
We have specialized grades of Ultra Fine and Sub Micron grain sizes that create pristine sharpness, high hardness and strength. With 2 RMS surface finishing and each blade inspected at 50X, we provide a PERFECT blade, which lasts up to 100’s of times longer than steel blades, which are the best in the blade industry. Our re-sharpening program further increases the cost effectiveness to the customer.
We use a unique grade of Zirconia ceramic. With similar properties to Tungsten Carbide, our ceramic material is even harder and more resistant to heat. This results in the longest lasting blade in many applications. Our re-sharpening program further increases the cost effectiveness to the customer.
COATINGS: TiN / TiALN / TiC / Ceramic / Teflon™
These are the most common coatings we offer for extended wear life on any blade. Ask us about these or describe your application. You can test options and select the coating that is best for you. We offer coatings that provide lubricity and strength that maximizes the blade lifetime and translates into production savings for our customers.